The members of our Board of Directors are teachers, education support professionals, community leaders, and parents dedicated to improving public education and student learning in Arizona.
Marisol Garcia, President
Jason Freed, Vice President
Michael Aicone, Treasurer
Isela Blanc, Director
Amber Gould, Director
Kinora Hernandez, Director
Dawn Koberstein, Director
Thomas Oviatt, Jr., Director
Chris Mayer, Administrator
Created in 1997 to advance public education in Arizona, the AEA Foundation started with only $3,000 designated for student scholarships. Today, the Foundation has over $1.3 million in assets and has awarded more than $1 million in grants throughout Arizona.
Offering a variety of programs dedicated to elevating the teaching profession; supporting student achievement; encouraging the appreciation for the arts; enriching classroom academics; developing professional leadership; and inspiring innovations in learning. There are nine program funds that offer grant awards to public school teachers, education support professionals, and students.
The AEA Foundation for Teaching & Learning exists to offer financial assistance to improve student achievement and success, encourage innovations in teaching and learning, and support training opportunities that improve the professional craft.
Our core objectives are:
1. Recruit, prepare and support quality teachers
2. Support innovation and creativity in teaching
3. Support student projects and plans which enhance student success in school
4. Support programs and activities that elevate the profile of public education and public educators in the community
5. Partner with organizations to support 360° financial assistance (safety net) for educators
Your contributions enable us to meet our goals and improve public education in Arizona. Thank you!